We specialize in teaching students of all ages, abilities, and experience!
MUSICAL STYLES WE TEACH
- Musical Theater
- Traditional Sacred
- Contemporary Christian
- Jazz and Gospel
COACHING IN MULTIPLE LANGUAGES
Ours is a very practical, common-sense singing method that is focused on freedom and openness of vocal production. This freedom and openness is achieved by the elimination of all vocal “interference.” “Interference” is anything that inhibits the natural function of the vocal mechanism during singing. There can be multiple factors involved, since when a singer gets tired, he often falls back on faulty technique to “survive.” The reality is, however, that one “crutch” often triggers reliance upon still another one, creating even greater fatigue, and potentially even vocal damage over time.
OUR GOALS FOR OUR STUDENTS
- Identify the student’s “true” singing range.
- Develop correct and efficient breath support and posture.
- Build evenness of sound on all vowels at all dynamic levels throughout the singer’s entire range.
- Build vocal power and stamina and increase range.
- Train the student to sing with full “mixed” resonance throughout the entire vocal range, without relying upon nasal (but rather post-nasal) resonance to achieve brilliance/“point” (focus).
- Help the student recognize and understand the “inside” sound and feeling of correct singing.
- Train the student to understand the vocal mechanism and learn to listen to other performers analytically to sharpen one’s understanding of vocal production.
- Train the student to “self-monitor” his/her vocal production, The ultimate value of “self-monitoring” is to allow the singer to adjust his/her technique while singing to maximize his/her performance.
- Teach the student effective interpretive techniques to communicate a song’s “message” for maximum artistic impact.
- Train the student to understand that the ultimate goal of a singer must be to sing to please the audience, not one’s self.
- Teach the principles of vocal health/wellness and protection of the voice.
- Encourage the student to develop good musicianship as well as an awareness and authentic use of musical style.